FREMONT – President and CEO of Fremont Health Patrick Book has announced they will be continuing strategic partnership discussions with Nebraska Methodist Health System.
Monday evening the Fremont Health Board of Trustees voted to continue the discussions with Nebraska Methodist Health System. The decision comes after months of analysis of several different proposals made by other regional and national health systems.
The process began back in July, 2017 when the board established a number of objectives for a possible strategic partnership with a larger health system. With any partnership the board wanted to:
- Continue their mission of improving community health
- Retain significant local board input on the governance of Fremont Health
- Maintain and expand key programs and services
- Attract and retain physicians in a wide range of specialties
- Preserve jobs in Fremont, provide competitive wages, benefits, and retirement plans
- Improve quality, safety, and high-reliability clinical care
- Provide fair financial consideration
- Provide capital sufficient to support quality and growth
- And continue to provide adequate charity care in Dodge County
Book says the decision is a key milestone in the process. He adds a great deal of work still lies ahead for both parties and over the next several months leaders from both organizations will be working together to further refine the partnership.
Once a partnership agreement is complete it will require the approval of the Board of Trustees as well as the Dodge County Board of Supervisors.