Overheating vehicle causes crop fire

MADISON- An overheating vehicle caused a crop fire.

Emergency personnel were called to 835th Street and 557th Avenue near Madison to reports of a pick-up truck on fire in a field.

Madison and Norfolk fire officials responded to the fire. They believe the fire was caused by corn husks getting caught in the exhaust.

Authorities say dry conditions and high winds made the fire spread quickly, burning approximately 30 acres of land.

Although no one was harmed, fire crews say this is a heightened time of year for field fires and urge farmers to be careful with their equipment.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share:
Comments