Squirrel To Blame For Electrical Fire

NORFOLK – Fire officials blame a rodent for a Wednesday fire in northeast Nebraska.

Emergency crews responded to reports of a fire in a neighborhood in Norfolk.

The Norfolk Fire Department arrived to the 700 block of Spruce Avenue around noon.

Officials discovered a smoldering power line pole near a home and say a squirrel was to blame for the incident.

Crews from the Nebraska Public Power District arrived shortly after to repair and replace the burnt section of pole.

No one was injured during the fire and power was restored to the line several hours after the incident.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share:
Comments