Man And Boy Recovering From ATV Fire

SIDNEY – A Hamburg man and seven-year-old boy are recovering after they were caught in an ATV fire on Saturday.

Fremont County sheriff’s deputies were dispatched at 4:40 p.m. to a rural residence near Hamburg on 250th Avenue for a single ATV accident.

It was reported that while fueling up an all terrain vehicle, the fuel ignited and caught 43-year-old Shane Daniel Adams and 7-year-old Chevy Adams both on fire.

Both Chevy and Shane were transported by Hamburg Rescue to Grape Community with serious injuries. Once at Grape Community Hospital Chevy and Shane were flown
by Life Net to Saint Elizabeth Burn Center in Lincoln for severe burns to their arms and legs.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.